Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Painting with Pinecones

We had gone to food trucks and found cool trees that had an insane amount of pinecones. Luckily I always carry a grocery bag with me so we were able to fill up the bag. To begin our fall crafts we decided to start with an easy messy painting project. I baked the pinecones when we got home to get rid of the bugs and open up some of the closed ones, but ever since then they have just been sitting in a bowl waiting to be used for something.

I decided to start our fall activities off with some painting with pinecones, I mean why not! I imagined them being easy to roll but I wasn't quite right. However it was still a lot of fun and of course the little dude wanted to enhance the project and just go straight to painting with his hands! But once he got the hang of painting with the pinecones I think he was really into it and would even do two in each hand at a time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment