Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Counting Apples

I decided for a fall project we would make apples and glue on the amount of seeds each apple would take. We did 1-20 with the first apple having 1 seed, the next having 2 seeds and so on. As you can imagine it could seem to be tedious work for a 3 year old so I spread out the project and it actually took us quite awhile. When we first started I started with apples 1-5 but as the numbers grew larger we did less and less apples each time. I cut out apple shapes from red and green paper and cut out a bunch of little "seed shapes". It definitely was not the most exciting project to boot but I could tell it really helped the little dudes counting skills because it was a lot of repetition, especially for the larger numbers. But finally! we are done and it turned out so cute! As you can see I made a fast little tree form on his wall. I then put up 20 pieces of tape and told him we had to stick on all the apples in order. We started with 1 and went from there until we finally had 20 apples on our tree!






No comments:

Post a Comment