Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March Madness!!

Painting with legos I set out three legos that were all different sizes. Using the colors blue, yellow and green I let him explore the different shapes the legos would print. When I told him we were going to paint with legos he was so excited because to him that it not what lego are for. It was a really fun painting activity. I also gave him a large piece of poster board to paint on to make it an extreme painting activity. The legos made such a cool print on both sides it was really a cool art project. We were able to discuss into detail words like "medium, large, bigger, middle.."
   


We also painted with balloons. I filled one ballon with air and one balloon with sand (which without a funnel was kind of a pain in the butt) Then using blue and yellow paint again I let him paint with the balloons. I again used larger than normal paper to really give the room he needed to paint. 




 SLIME! how much fun is slime! for my slime I use borax and school glue. I made two separate slimes in the colors of yellow and blue again so he could mix them into a pretty green color. I allow him to use plastic scissors on the slime to help enhance his fine motor skills which can help him become a better writer later on. We also used strawberry baskets to show how the slime moves when it is at rest. We did not have that much patience though as the slime was very slow but it was cool to see.



 St. Patricks Day collage! We go to our local libraries story time and they of course talked about St. Patricks day so I knew we had to do something for it. I cut out little gold "coins" from gold scrapbook paper. Before we even glued them on the little dude wanted to count out how many gold coins we had. I also cut out little paper squares of the rainbow colors and posted a picture of a rainbow hoping he would put the colors in order by himself. I also had different shades of green shamrocks for him to glue as well.


 Coffee filter art! Using eyedroppers I used yellow water color and blue water color to cover the coffee filter with. These always turn out so cool and I love using them as sun catchers on the window because the light really shines through and makes them look really pretty. It is also such a fun activity watching the colors spread and seeing how fast they mix together.


 We also after we did the green ones decided to make rainbow ones as well so we added the color red to watch it mix with the  blue and yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment