Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Salt Name and Cloud Letter Match

We have started talking more about the difference between lower case and uppercase letters. We have been doing crafts to help remember them. We started with being able to recognize the letters in the little dudes name as both upper case and lower case letters. I glued salt to his name so that he could eye drop color on to it. It was so fun watching the liquid move through out the salt and we liked to watch it race with other parts of his name. I also made a giant cloud and wrote all the uppercase letters on it in a mixed up order. Now he is in charge of gluing all of the lower case letters on top of the correct upper case letter. I don't make him do the whole project in one day because I want him to soak it the information more and not overwhelm him. Next we need to start working on reading and writing numbers!







Really cool to watch the liquids mix together and see how fast the liquid would race down the salt. 




My big pathetic cloud! But he did enjoy doing this and I think he even thought it was quite easy. He only had a couple of issues with a couple of letters which was neat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment